Local News

 

Lightning Blamed for Lake Hallie House Fire

Firefighters say it appears lightning sparked a house fire in the Village of Lake Hallie yesterday.

The Chippewa Fire District says firefighters were called to a home at 4567 132nd St. just before 6 a.m. When they arrived, heavy fire was coming from the roof and attic of the two-story home. The owner of the home said he heard a loud crack of thunder at 2:30 a.m. He checked the house but found nothing wrong and went back to sleep. About three hours later, he said he woke up to the sound of what he described as rain hitting the drywall. He got up and checked the bathroom area to find an orange glow coming through a bathroom light fixture. His family got out of the home safely. Firefighters say there were no smoke alarms in the attic to alert the family. Crews were able to confine the fire to the attic and the fire was under control by 7 a.m. There is currently no damage estimate available. 

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here.