6 Signs Your Marriage Will Last a Lifetime!
1. Seeing your guy as your person--The one you want to share gossip or funny observations with is essential. Good couples tend to see their partner as their best friend. Having inside jokes and stories is part of what builds that bond. That's why it's key to share funny anecdotes about your day, even if they're as minor as your coworker freaking out because someone stole her food from the communal fridge.
2. Splitting your chores as a team—You don't need to divide everything down the middle to be an amazing couple. Keeping a score card makes everyone resentful. Having a relationship where both of you can speak honestly if you're feeling overwhelmed leads to a much stronger romance.
3. He’s still able to surprise you—Major secrets are not okay in a long-term relationship, but keeping little things to yourself--like taking step-dance classes leading up to your cousin's wedding or talking about vacation ideas can boost your bond. Overfamiliarity is the enemy of romance, so continuing to take part in some independent growth is critical.
4. He's the person who can infuriate you the most, but you wouldn't have it any other way--Healthy couples know how to push each other's buttons and being able to make up is a lot better than holding everything in. Not only that, but couples who experience a steady level of conflict over the years as opposed to never fighting are stronger. The trick is not to let resentments fester. Anger is a perfectly healthy emotion. It's fine to get into it, as long as you both know how to apologize and move on, fast.
5. You’ve have your lowest moments together, but have come out on the other side-It says right in the wedding vows that everything won't be easy. Surviving the tough stuff together is a huge sign you have what it takes to get through anything. A study found that couples who believe marriage will last forever, no matter what, survive longer than those who don't fully believe in till death do us part. Yes, it will get tough, but knowing you're both 110 percent committed is essential.
6. When you’re with him, you’re never bored--Research shows that couples who do new or different things together are happier than those who fall into a same-old routines. In the beginning of a relationship, you're going to new places, you both have some insecurity about how the other person feels, and all of that contributes to the butterflies you feel. But over time, you relax around each other and settle. Keeping things fun, like singing songs in the car or playing a game can help keep boredom from creeping into your relationship.