1. Do something fun you used to do as a kid. Think about when you WERE happy during the holidays and recreate it. Maybe it was ice-skating as a kid or watching a favorite holiday movie. Just do it again and try to recapture the magic.
2. Do something selfish. You deserve "you-time" during the holidays, just like the rest of the year. So take a nap, or schedule a massage or some spa treatments. Don't waste time on guilt, just call and schedule the appointment.
3. Go outside. It's probably cold out, but that's actually great for your health. Keeping warm exerts energy, and you need fresh air when you've been stuck in malls.
4. Volunteer. Helping other people is actually a great way for YOU to feel better. But don't force it by doing something you hate. Volunteer to do something you love.
5. Honor people who've passed. You can get depressed during the holidays if you think about someone you've lost. So honor them by making their favorite food, their favorite drink, doing the things they loved, and ENJOYING it. They'd want you to.
6. Forgive your family. They may be annoying, or worse, but they probably love you. So do yourself a favor and let go of any anger and resentment.