Here are the 10 dog names that have fallen the farthest in the past decade:
1. Scooter earned the top spot on this list by declining the most in popularity over the past decade, falling from No. 34 on the list of most popular male dog names in 2003 to No. 98 in 2012.
2. Brandy took No. 1 for females on the least popular list, starting at No. 42 in 2003 and falling out of the top 100 in 2011.
3. Dakota was the No. 43 most popular male dog name in 2003, but came in third on the list after dropping out of the top 100 in 2009.
4. Holly was the second least trendy female dog name. It has a similar story to Dakota, in that it claimed No. 45 in 2003 and fell off the list of most popular names in 2012.
5. Rudy was in the top half of most popular names in 2003, coming in at No. 47, but fell out of the top 100 last year.
6. Misty: After holding the No. 48 spot in 2003, Misty dropped off the 100 most popular names list in 2011.
7. Spike has fallen drastically in popularity in the past decade, going from No. 29 in 2003 to No. 81 in 2012.
8. Katie saw a similar drop, beginning at No. 33 a decade ago, then falling to No. 82 last year.
9. Joey was the No. 52 most popular male dog name in 2003, but fell out of the top 100 in 2012, earning it the No. 5 spot on this list.
10. Lucky rounded out the list of names. It was No. 56 most popular female dog name in 2003 but dropped off the list in 2010.