THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW THURS 11/29/12
11/29/2012 5:41:00 AM
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ashlee Simpson and her boyfriend of a year-and-a-half, actor Vincent Piazza, reportedly broke up over the Thanksgiving break.
- Angus T. Jones, Jake from "Two and a Half Men," has apologized for those statements he made about the show.
- Meanwhile, Charlie Sheen is now saying he thinks "Two and a Half Men" is cursed.
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are on board for one more X-Men movie.
- Scarlett Johansson filled in for Al Roker the other day on the Today Show when Al's laryngitis made it too hard for him to do the forecast.
- Demi Moore, who recently turned 50 and is still separated not divorced from Ashton Kutcher, has apparently moved on... into the arms of a 26-year-old.
- Adele's album "21" has become the 21st album to sell 10 million copies.
- Now we're hearing that Jessica Simpson, who's currently running around showing off her post-baby weight loss... is pregnant again!
- Randy Travis says he's officially done with alcohol. It would be for the best, Randy.
- Lisa Robin Kelly, who played Eric's older sister in "That 70s Show," was arrested on Monday for getting into a fight with her husband.
- The latest iMacs go on sale tomorrow.
- A.J. McLean of Backstreet Boys fame and his wife have become parents for the very first time, welcoming Ava Jaymes McLean into the world on Monday.
- The new movie The Hobbit opened in New Zealand. The premiere audience was filled with grown men dressed as elves. [Obviously, people who like The Hobbit are just as fanatical as the people who like Twilight. The difference is Hobbit fans can totally be trusted around your sister.]
- BACON SHAVING CREAM _ From the guys who gave the world Baconaise and bacon-flavored lip balm comes Bacon Shaving Cream. But if you're hearing this and thinking, "My man would LOVE this under the tree on Christmas morning!", you better order fast. Only 2,500 jars of this pork-scented lather of the gods have been made. You can buy it for $15 at BaconShavingCream.com.
- MIDDLE-SCHOOLERS ARE CHEATING WITH SMARTPHONES _ A new survey found middle school students are cheating with their smartphones. More than a third of youngsters are using their phone to help them find answers to their homework. 88% of kids admit that they're not allowed to bring their phones into the classroom, and 66% said they couldn't bring their tablet to school.
- LITTLE GOBBLE BORN ON THANKSGIVING _ Congratulations to Ryan and Amy of Malden, Massachusetts on the Thanksgiving Day birth of their baby boy. The little guy's father's last name is Gobble.
- PERRY LANDS NEW PERFUME DEAL _ Katy Perry will develop a line of signature scents with French perfume company Coty. The beauty company will distribute the songbird's new creations on a larger scale than her previous perfumes, Purr and Meow.
- Earlier this month, a man in Oregon sold his 1977 Datsun on eBay. And to get more views, he took rather provocative PHOTOS of his 20-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER posing with the car. He says he doesn't feel bad about the photos . . . and he ended up selling the car for $7,500.
- On Monday, a 40-year-old man in Massachusetts was driving in his 1987 Chevy truck when the brakes stopped working. He tried to stop it by sticking his foot out the door, but that didn't work. So he tried to swerve up a hill . . . but fell out and got RUN OVER. The truck eventually hit a fire hydrant and stopped. He was hospitalized with a leg injury . . . AND got a ticket for defective equipment.
- Two students at MIT started a charity called Hobojacket, took donations of sweatshirts from rival colleges like Harvard, then give them to homeless people . . . so that when people saw the sweatshirts on the homeless people it would DEVALUE those colleges.
- For 36 hours from late Sunday night to Tuesday morning, no one was shot, stabbed or slashed in New York . . . and police can't remember the last time they've gone that long without one of the major violent crimes.
- RANDOM LINK _ It's a showerhead with a speaker.