THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW wed 11/14/12
11/14/2012 5:49:00 AM
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Katie Perry and John Mayer still dating? Maybe.
- Gary Dourdan from "C.S.I." has filed for bankruptcy. The bills just became way too much.
- ABC has given "Nashville" a full-season order, picking up the remaining nine episodes. The network also picked up three additional scripts for new Reba McEntire comedy "Malibu Country" and "Last Man Standing."
- The millionaire software genius behind the McAfee antivirus programs -- John McAfee -- is wanted for murder in Belize.
- Country singer George Jones has launched his farewell tour. He's scheduled to be on the road until November of next year, when he'll perform his final concert in Nashville. George is 81 years old.
- Warning: the next time you see Snooki, brace yourself to see a redhead.
- The Oxford American Dictionary has chosen their "Word of the Year": it's Gif.
- Jessica Simpson is showing off her new body these days, after dropping somewhere between 60 and 70 pounds of baby weight.
- A poll has already been conducted about who is going to win the Iowa caucuses in 2016. The survey showed Hillary Clinton with 58 percent of the vote, Vice President Biden with 17 percent, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo at 6 percent, and the new Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren with 3 percent.
- The former lead singer of Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty, has signed a book deal to tell his story. The book is scheduled to come out in two years.
- Oprah is thinking about coming out with her own organic food brand, "Oprah's Organics."
- Actress/comedienne Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years without knowing it after drunkenly tying the knot in Las Vegas with a boyfriend in the 1990s. Shea exchanged vows with "The Big Bang Theory" producer Rob Cohen at a drive-through chapel two decades ago, but they didn't realize the wedding was for real until Cohen started making plans to marry his new fiancee.
- A platinum watch owned by Eric Clapton sold at an auction Monday for $3.6 million.
- Ask former James Bond star Roger Moore and he'll tell you that "Skyfall" is the best James Bond movie ever.
- Palestinian officials are exhuming the body of long-time leader Yassar Arafat, who died in 2004. They want to check and see if he was poisoned.
- MACGYVER MOVIE MOVES FORWARD _ MacGyver the movie is one step closer to reality. The film has found a director. A script has already been written, so MacGyver should go into production early next year.
- GWYNETH PALTROW UP FOR AUCTION FOR SANDY RELIEF _ Gwyneth Paltrow wants to have dinner with you. She's volunteered her time as part of a fundraising initiative for those affected by Superstorm Sandy. You can bid at Charitybuzz.com.
- $900 STOLEN FROM CAR OF CRASH HELPER _ A Washington state woman says someone stole $900 from her car while she was helping the victims of a two-vehicle collision. Peggy Ray said she was taking the money to pay her landlord.
- A New Zealand court has told a guy to stay away from Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla after he was charged with planning to throw horse manure at the visiting royal couple.
- Workers for Hostess which makes Wonder Bread, Twinkies and Ding Dongs, are on strike. [So there's a good chance that the country's eating habits might improve.]
- After Superstorm Sandy hit, a 38-year-old guy from Illinois who runs a water removal business traveled to New Jersey to help victims, free of charge. And while he was there, he bought a lottery ticket . . . and won $100,000. Because this guy is almost TOO good of a person, he plans to donate a lot of that to Sandy victims.