THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FRI 10/26/12
10/26/2012 5:43:00 AM
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The second season of "Snooki & JWoww" will debut January 8th on MTV.
- President Obama gave the "Tonight Show" its best Wednesday ratings since Jay Leno returned to host the show.
- Smokey Robinson has recorded a duet with James Franco and his band Daddy.
- Tom Cruise has filed lawsuits against two magazines. He says $50 million will make up for claiming he abandoned his daughter.
- That black Cadillac Escalade that smashed into a Lexus in front of the Beverly Hills hotel was P-Diddy behind the wheel. Shaken up, but only minor injuries.
- Jason Segel and Michelle Williams are said to have moved into a Brooklyn home together.
- Eva Longoria has ended her summer romance with New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.
- "The Social Network" star Armie Hammer has been hailed a hero after coming to the rescue of a woman involved in a traffic accident in Los Angeles.
- Bobby Brown has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving for the second time this year.
- "The Hobbit" will be released in Dolby Atmos, their newest sound system that is supposed to immerses the audience in sound.
- Valet parking across the street from the World Series in San Francisco: $90 for a compact car, $100 for a full size and $130 for a large truck or SUV.
- A big storm is aimed at the east coast of the United States, especially the New England area... expected to arrive in force by Tuesday. Some forecasters are already calling this system, "Frankenstorm."
- One of Thomas Edison's first recordings and the first-known recording of a song, has been digitally restored and saved for all time. It was a 78-second recording actually made on tin foil.
- The candidates are getting tired and punchy. The other day, Vice-President Joe Biden was talking about "here in Iowa," while in Ohio. It was one of those four-lettere, midwest, multi-vowel states.
- Black licorice is trying to KILL YOU. A cardiologist in Florida says that if you eat about two ounces a day for two weeks, a chemical compound in black licorice could make your potassium levels dangerously drop. That could lead to heart problems . . . even congestive heart failure.
- According to a new study, "The Biggest Loser" does NOT motivate you to try to lose weight and exercise. In the study, researchers found that people had a WORSE attitude about exercising after they watched the show. The main reason: Exercise looks AWFUL on the show, with people screaming and crying and throwing up.
- According to a survey, moving in with a significant other has an effect on your waistline. One in three women end up GAINING weight . . . while one in three men end up LOSING it. That's because people's eating habits rub off on each other. Guys end up eating more "womanly" food like yogurt and salads. And when couples eat dinner together, they usually serve each person equal-sized portions. That means the guy is eating LESS and the woman eats MORE.
- A brewery in Scotland claims they've created the WORLD'S STRONGEST BEER. It's called Armageddon, and it's 65% alcohol-by-volume. That means it's 131 proof . . . which is about the same as GRAIN ALCOHOL. So drinking one 12-ounce bottle is the equivalent of drinking 15-and-a-half bottles of Miller Lite.
- Document your child's birth with the latest trends in birth art . . . placenta prints, belly casts, having your belly bronzed, and taking artsy photos of the umbilical cord.