THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WED 10/10/12
10/10/2012 5:48:00 AM
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ben Affleck may be a great director but he's not so good as a driver. The other day, the car he was driving clipped the rear view mirror off a Honda. Ben Affleck. He did leave a nice note apologizing and, of course, promising to "cover everything."
- Rosie O'Donnell is such a fan of Honey Boo Boo that she's offered to buy the reality star and her family a house.
- Howard H. Scott, who was part of the team at Columbia Records that introduced the long-playing vinyl record in 1948 has died. He was 92.
- Facebook is getting closer to adding a "want" button... for you to share your wants and desires.
- Hollywood funny couple Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman have announced an end to their long-time marriage.
- The suggestion has been made that Mila Kunis should have the female lead role in the "50 Shades of Grey" movie.
- Did I already tell you that Madonna's ex, Guy Ritchie, is engaged to his pregnant girlfriend. He's 44, she's 30. Oh, and that will be the couple's second child together.
- NFL great Alex Karras has been given days to live because of kidney failure. He was "Mongo" in the movie "Blazing Saddles" and played the father in the TV show "Webster." By the way, his TV wife became his real-life wife. Alex is 77.
- There are signs that Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger are getting back together.
- The first casualty of the new fall TV season -- put your money on the FOX show, "The Mob Doctor."
- Did you hear about the dog that was reunited with his human family halfway across the country after five years? [The family said the dog had changed a little but the dog said the family smelled exactly the same.]
- MARRIAGE...WHY? _ A survey by the UK version of the Girl Scouts (Girlguiding) found that marriage is not on the priority list for teens as much as it used to be. The majority of girls 7- to 21-years-old defined "success" as "being confident and independent" rather than "being married." Just three years ago the majority chose marriage as the #1 achievement before 30.
- MEN GETTING MORE UNDIES CONSCIOUS _ Gone are the days when men relied on their mothers to fill their Christmas stockings with new undies, replacing old holey ones. Apparently guys are increasingly shopping for colorful, tight-fitting underwear in the same way that women hunt for the latest sexy bras. Retail experts say designs are getting bolder, and men are becoming more body conscious about their underwear.
- COMING BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN: PEANUTS _ It's either good news or bad news for Peanuts fans, depending on your faith in 20th Century Fox: Charles Schulz's classic comic strip is coming back to the big screen. The Peanuts feature film, written in part by Schulz's son Craig and grandson Bryan, hits theaters November 25, 2015 -- the 65th anniversary of the comic's debut, and the 50th anniversary of its iconic TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- WHAT DOES HIS TEXT MEAN? _ What is it about a man's text message that is so hard to understand? Apparently plenty, if you're a woman. If you're wondering what his text really means, head to HeTexted.com. You show the text, and the public votes on whether he's "into you," "not into you," or the "verdict is still out."
- WIND DERAILS HYPERSONIC SKYDIVE FROM SPACE _ Felix Baumgartner's 23-mile skydive was delayed again on Tuesday, called off because of winds that were too high for the massive-but-fragile balloon he was to dive from. A Tuesday tweet from the RedBullStratos Twitter account said conditions today (Wednesday) would not be suitable for launch. Check for updates.
- Next Tuesday, the presidential candidates are doing a town hall-style debate in New York where people in the crowd can ask them questions. And Pizza Hut is offering FREE PIZZA FOR LIFE if you make it into the crowd, get on the mic, and ask the candidates if they prefer sausage or pepperoni on their pizza.
- A man in South Carolina was taking his Camaro to a dealership for servicing, and since he'd had problems with mechanics before, he hid a tape recorder in the glove compartment. And it captured the sound of the mechanics JOYRIDING, doing BURNOUTS in his car, DESTROYING his clutch, and figuring out a way to make him pay for it. The dealership has threatened to SUE him for posting the audio online.
- On Tuesday, a guy in London posted an ad offering two tickets at face value for last night's RADIOHEAD concert there. He explained how they were originally for his girlfriend and her friend . . . but he found out she'd been CHEATING on him for three years, so he wanted two attractive females to go with. AARON PAUL from "Breaking Bad" heard about it, and invited the dude to hang out at the show.
- A 37-year-old guy in Michigan robbed a bank Last Wednesday, and they slipped a red dye pack in with his money. But even after it exploded, he tried to use the money . . . to pay for LAP DANCES at a strip club. The club called the cops, and they linked the guy to the bank robbery and arrested him.
- Sunday was election day in Brazil, and a 32-year-old city council candidate was arrested for handing out pamphlets on how to vote . . . with LITTLE PACKETS OF COCAINE inside. She was arrested for electoral corruption and drug dealing.