The way you answer "yes" or "no" questions reveals your personality, says Dr. W. Beryl West, a professor of psychology. "When someone asks you to respond in a positive or negative way, they're asking you to put yourself on one side or the other. This clearly expresses the way you feel," says West. "The way we usually or most often say yes or no definitely reveals our personality."
- If you respond "yeah" or "nah," it means you are a casual person, spontaneous and fun-lovin. You enjoy throwing last-minute parties, and always see an easy way to accomplish things.
- If you answer "yessiree" or "nosiree" -- or "yo", "yay" or "nay" -- you're generally a happy person, a free spirit. You're extremely flexible, well-liked and have an active social life.
- Responding with "yes, sir" and "no, sir" means you're extremely polite, consider manners to be very important and enjoy being in charge. You're good at setting priorities and sticking to them.
- If you answer "yes" or "no" you are a precise person. You're always on time. You usually have your days planned in your head. You're very sensitive and always know the proper thing to do or say.
- If you respond with "mm-hmmm" for "yes", and "uh-uh" for "no," you're a physically strong person who believes in teamwork and likes people a lot. You also love animals and enjoy having pets.
- People who reply "yep" or "nope" are extremely creative and set high goals for themselves, have lots of self-confidence and style, yet are tactful and polite when speaking their mind.