When entering a new relationship, here's how to tell if you're really in love with that person, according to German psychologist Dr. Herbert Freudenburger.
- You give thanks every day. You'll find yourself in a perpetually good mood. Little annoyances will not bother you as much.
- You let your guard down and feel free to be yourself. When you're infatuated with someone, you go out of your way to present just the right image of yourself.
- You enjoy giving and sharing. You'll feel real joy giving that special someone little gifts or cards and sharing special moments.
- You notice a shift in your attitude toward single life. Going to a big party on your own isn't fun anymore. Flirting with the opposite sex isn't as exciting.
- You can't imagine being with anyone else. You stop looking at other single people as potential dates and realize that no one compares to your new love.
- You enjoy physical affection more.