Five Etiquette Tips for Visiting Relatives
5 tips for visiting relatives:
- After day two of your visit, don't expect to be waited-on. Help yourself to food and drink, and make your own bed. Offer to wash the sheets and help with meals.
- After day three, offer to treat your host-relatives to a restaurant meal.
- Never occupy the host-relative's favorite chair, or command the use of the TV or DVD/VCR/TiVo.
- Never show up with unannounced additional guests in-tow.
- For extended stays of a week or so, offer to chip in at least $25 (per member of the visiting party) to help with the host-relative's expenses.