What you first notice about a person of the opposite sex reveals a lot about your personality, says top psychiatrist Dr. Richard Proctor.
Here's his list of things people notice. After each is an explanation of what you're like if you focus on that feature:
- Hands -- You are down-to-earth, practical, self-sufficient and career minded. You admire people who can grapple with a problem and solve it.
- Eyes -- You are primarily interested in what people have to say and what their thoughts, tastes and interests are. You're a cultured person with a concern for the issues and problems of the day. You have no time for superficiality. You're a person who cares.
- Teeth -- You're organized, interested in quality and you have an eye on the future. You take pains to conserve what you have and to build on it.
- Cologne/Perfume -- You're an old-fashioned romantic. You're warmhearted and take personal relationships very seriously. You're a dreamer with a soft side to your personality.
- Fingernails -- You're a perfectionist. You're patient and persistent, and not satisfied with anything unless it's absolutely right.
- Hair -- You have a creative, artistic personality. You're interested in how people fashion ideas and they way they project themselves. You have a taste for form, beauty and originality.
- Lips -- You're very conscious of how people react to you. Do their lips turn up in a smile or down in a frown? You're sensitive and needs the approval of others. You enjoy the company of others.
- Jewelry -- You're an extrovert with a flair for the theatrical. You're a fun-loving person who enjoys the finer things in life.
- Body -- You're vigorous and physical. You're active, outgoing, sensuous and full of vitality. You're a doer, not a dreamer.