Want to know if your boyfriend is lying? Here's how to tell, according to Jan Hargrave, body-language expert and author of "Freeway of Love." This lead to some great listener calls on other ways to tell if a guy is lying:
- The ear pull -- If he tugs on his ear, it may be a subconscious ploy to distract you from the big, fat fib coming out of his mouth.
- The arched eyebrow -- A cocked brow sends a contradictory signal -- half aggressive, half scared.
- The unmixed message -- He's hiding something from you.
- The chin dip -- Right before your man coughs up the story of the century, he'll sometimes lower his chin to keep down the butterflies in his stomach.
- The shoulder shrug -- A shoulder shrug feigns bewilderment, as in "How could she think I'd lie to her?" But what he's really thinking is: "How the heck did she catch me?"
- The hand rub -- If your man's sweating buckets, his palms will itch, forcing him to rub them together or wipe them on his pants.
- The leg shift -- Shifting his weight from one leg to the other may indicate a shifty response to your burning question.