WAXX 104.5 PAT KELIHER AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP presented by
WESTCONSIN CREDIT UNION
2014 OFFICIAL RULES
1. Amount of the scholarship is five hundred dollars ($500.00).
2. Students must be active (or have been active at one time) in 4-H and/or FFA Livestock Programs. Scholarship is open to eligible students involved in pursuing 2 year or 4 year degrees in Agriculture-related studies in the state of Wisconsin.
3. Applicants must have achieved an overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 point scale. Students must be enrolled or plan to enroll in an agricultural curriculum at a two (2) year Technical College or a four (4) year college. Students already enrolled in college programs must be carrying a minimum of 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale. High School Principals, Guidance Counselors or College Registrars must provide verification. Students who are graduating High School Seniors or are completing the first year of post secondary education are eligible.
4. Applicants must return the Scholarship, Application, Certification, Questionnaire, and three (3) reference names, which include address, phone number and relation to applicant to: John Murphy, c/o WAXX 104.5 Scholarship, P.O. Box 1, Eau Claire, WI 54702-0001, by February 26, 2014, or it must be submitted to todayswaxx1045.com by that time.
5. Applicants may be asked to submit their photograph. Photographs become the property of Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire (WAXX 104.5).
6. Interviews will be scheduled with finalists. All interviews will be conducted in one afternoon. Judges will interview up to six (6) finalists and the winner will receive the scholarship award at the WAXX 104.5 Ag Appreciation Day dinner, Monday March 10th at the American Legion in Neillsville. All finalists who are invited for an interview will be asked to attend the dinner for the scholarship presentation.
7. Employees of Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire, and their families are ineligible to apply for this scholarship. Employees of the Scholarship’s presenting sponsor: WESTCONSIN Credit Union are also ineligible to apply for the scholarship. Prior WAXX 104.5 scholarship winners are ineligible.
8. An independent group of up to five (5) judges will be selected with no more than one (1) judge from Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire. The judges’ decision will be final.
9. Winner must be enrolled in 2013-2014 school year or forfeit the scholarship.
10. The scholarship check will be made payable to student and school to be attended. The scholarship check will be issued upon proof of acceptance to the school of choice.
11. If applying for financial aid, please attach a copy of the application.
12. Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire reserves the right to alter this scholarship and the official rules of this scholarship contest.
13. Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire reserves the right to award the scholarship to an alternate if the scholarship winner is unfit or unable to accept the scholarship.
14. Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire has the right to use the winner's and finalists' names, pictures, comments and voices as no cost to Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire or the winner/finalists now or ever.