11/19/2012 11:10:00 AM
The stores may be all out of Twinkies, but you can make them at home!
Here's the recipe!
(You will need a canoe pan, OR you can just use aluminum foil to create your own "canoes" for the twinkie batter to bake in.)
Golden “Twinkie” Cake:
2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray molds/pan with non-stick spray.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Next, beat in the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute in between each addition. Reduce the mixer speed ...
6 Health Benefits of Kissing
11/14/2012 9:34:00 AM
6 Health Benefits of Kissing
Look at all the wonderful things that can come from a kiss! Pucker up! :)
Benefit #1: Your pearly whites stay cleaner--Kissing can break down oral plaque and prevent cavities by stimulating the creation of saliva that helps wash bacteria away from the tooth’s surface. Kissing is like "nature’s cleansing process". The minerals in saliva also help rebuild tooth enamel and prevent decay. So not only does kissing give you cleaner teeth, but you could actually end up saving money on your dental bills, too.
Benefit #2: Keep a younger-looking face as you age--Ever notice how happy, loving couples still have an air of youth even as they grow older? The answer could be down to frequent kissing. Kissing can actually give you a "facelift". We use over 30 facial muscles while kissing, which helps to keep muscles smooth and tight and prevents your cheeks ...
Home Remedies for the Common Cold
11/13/2012 7:47:00 AM
Top 10 Home Remedies for the Common Cold
The best cold remedies are often the easiest and the most reliable, chicken soup included.
It turns out that your grandma was on to something. Soothing the common cold can be as easy as gargling with salt water and spooning down the chicken soup. Here are the 10 best cold remedies to try at home that will have you feeling better before you know it.
1. Drink lots of fluids. The American Lung Association recommends drinking eight glasses of water or juice per day when trying to get rid of a common cold. Staying hydrated helps moisturize the lining of the nose and throat, which makes mucus easier to clear. But be sure to avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks, as they can cause dehydration.
2. Use an air humidifier. You can also help keep nasal and throat passages moist by using an air humidifier, particularly in ...
How to pick safe computer passwords
11/12/2012 7:58:00 AM
1. FORGET THE DICTIONARY--If your password can be found in a dictionary, you might as well not have one. The worst passwords are dictionary words or a small number of "insertions or changes" to words that are in the dictionary. Hackers will test passwords from a dictionary when they start planning breaches. If your password is not in that set, hackers will typically move on.
2. NEVER USE THE SAME PASSWORD TWICE--People tend to use the same password across multiple sites, something that hackers love. While cracking into someone’s LinkedIn might not have major consequences, hackers will use that password to crack into someone’s e-mail, bank, or brokerage account where there's more valuable financial and personal information stored.
3. COME UP WITH A PASSPHRASE--The longer your password, the longer it will take to crack. A password should be 14 characters or more in length if you want to make it ...
Laugh a little!
11/8/2012 10:40:00 AM
Here are some reasons to laugh today!